Monday, August 29, 2011

Shirt #29 - Sweater Week Part 6, The Grand Finale


Manufacturer: Sean John
Brand: Sean John
Shirt Name: SJ Seams Out V-Neck
Year Purchased: 2000

OK, I'm back from my full summer slumber. Sweater week has been looong, one year long to be a bit more precise.  I started writing about my six sweaters in Sept 2010.  But I have an excuse, a bunch of excuses for why I was so distracted:
1. Been waking up early in the morning to make breakfast forcing me to go to sleep earlier
2. Got engaged, Who's the Man!
3. My Android phone got rolled over and now I am using Kacie's old one which is terrible.
4. Hurricane Irene, because I said so
5. 2011 OP2 and 2012 OP2 (our annual planning cycles at Amazon); hey, everyone uses them as excuses for not getting other stuff done so why can't I

So not that you guys understand that, let me tell you a bit about this sweater.  In a word, swagger. This sweater was dope going all the way back to when swagger was still ill, as in, "yo that sweater is ill, where can I cop [buy] one of those for myself?" To that I would reply, "Chill son! Hit up Dr. Jay's on One-Two-Fif [125th St. NYC]." As they went on their merry ole way, I would then laugh to myself [ha-ha-ha], that dude is about to get one of the itchiest sweaters on the planet.  It made me feel good to know that I would not be the only one suffering; I guess misery really does love company [ha-ha-ha].

Real talk though, this sweater held it down for me.  Its got a nice tight weave so it kept me warm during those cold New York winters. But don't wear this one to the club.  It'll have you sweating like [insert inappropriate punchline here].  Also, no joke on the itch factor.  You gotta wear a tee shirt under this one or pay the price.  It's funny, I used to wear this sweater with my Sean John grey slacks that had the softest inner lining. Those were nice…till they ripped.  Since my move to the West Coast in 2004 I really haven't had cold enough weather to break this sweater out. Well that and the fact that when I go out I'm driving so for the 30 seconds I am outside this is overkill. But if I end up back in NYC one day this might be right back in the regular rotation.

So tell me, what do you think.

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment