Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shirt #17 - You got a lot of Girbaud Jeans Ha

Manufacturer: Marithé François Girbaud
Brand: Girbaud Jeans
Shirt Name: The 4 Block Navy Tee
Year Purchased: 2002

Damn this is an old shirt. Unfortunately it's not old enough. Girbaud Jeans were the isht to have back when I was in high school (1991 - 1995). These jeans defined the baggy look but they were too rich for my pockets. The baggy thing has gotten way out of hand now-a-days, but back when I was coming up Girbaud's were baggy and neat. Now kids buy clothes that are 10 sizes too big and can't run in them, a little nutzo. But don't get it twisted, I am not advocating the baggy jeans cause that mess is worse. BLAH.

When I was in high school the thing to wear were baggy Girbaud Jeans (some even had a pocket on the leg to stash your beeper...ooh I wanted one of those so bad too). But yeah, you had to have baggy Girbaud Jeans and a Cross Colours shirt. I had a Cross Colours shirt, the ugliest one ever made, but was missing the must have jeans so I had to act out a bit to be cool. So when I bought this sirt in 2002 it was about 8 years past it being cool to wear Girbaud's in NYC but I had to have something that had the name. Call it the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

Don't mind that the shirt fits a little snug. Just know that when I put the bad boy on, I feel like the cool kid in 10th grade.

So, what do you think?

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment