Monday, July 26, 2010

Shirt #19 - Old Soul

Manufacturer: Marc Ecko Enterprises
Brand: Eckō Unlimited, Since 1972
Shirt Name: Ecko Reminisce
Year Purchased: 2002

Forget the fact that this shirt is a little (or maybe alot) on the snug side.  Doesn't this shirt just take you back?  It makes you think of playing in the johhny pump in the parking lot we called the lolipop street.  Man, if only yall knew and understood East River Houses.For those of you that don't know, a johnny pump is what we call fire hydrants in NYC.  Good times.  Or man, the best day of summer, East River Day!  Whoa!


See the Projects in New York have a bad reputation (and I know why), but there is for sure more good than bad.  There is this family element to the Projects that I love and it all come to a peak on Project Day, a day in the summer where the entire project gets together and just has a good time catching up.  For us, that was East River Day, the 3rd Saturday every August (East River Day 2010, Aug 20).  This was our project family reunion where we got togehter, had cook-outs, the basketball tournament, and played in the johnny pump.  By the way the best drinking water you will EVER drink is from your hand cupped under the spout of the johnny pump.  It was always ice cold and for all those that think I am a germaphobe, even to this day if I see a pump going with good pressure I will still drink straight from the pump.

These are the types of classic memories that this shirt conjures up.

So, what do you think?

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the best shirt story ever. I want you to keep the shirt..just in case you ever want to play in the johnny pump any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, don't burn any shirts. Second, who are you going to donate the shirts to? If that shirt has that many memories, then you should definitely keep it.

    ReplyDelete