Sunday, September 26, 2010

Shirt #25 - Sweater Week Part 2, Perils of Fabric Softener

Manufacturer: Ralph Lauren
Brand: Chaps Ralph Lauren
Shirt Name: Chaps Men's Crewneck Sweater in Navy Blue
Year Purchased: 2003

Let me start by saying fabric softener is great!  It makes my clothes so fluffy soft and keeps them smelling fresh.  My liquid pillow of choice is Downy, because that's what my mother bought and that makes it the best.  Unfortunately, there is a downside to this liquid pillow for your clothes.  It's so concentrated that if you pour it directly on your clothes it may leave an oil like stain.  Once you dry that stain into the clothing it's over, kaput.  And with these new 2x concentrated formulations it is even mote likely to happen.

This shirt unfortunately fell victim to the Downy stain.  It happened several years ago, but I could not get rid of this sweater.  Comfort wise, it is great and it is nice and heavy so it keeps me warm in the winter.  Now it is a little big and hangs off of me, but it still looks pretty good on me.  The only problem are the big oil looking stains all over the shirt.  Such a shame.  This sweater deserves more than having these stains force it into retirement.  Regardless of the decision, I thank you Chaps Men's Crewneck Sweater in Navy Blue.

So, what do you think?

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment