Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shirt #24 - Sweater Week is Here

Manufacturer: Mecca USA
Brand: Mecca Shirts
Shirt Name: Mecca USA Urban Stripe Sweater
Year Purchased: 2002

I may have mentioned this before, but there are a few periods in my life when I went shopping wild.  The spring of 2002 was one of those times where I bought and bought and bought.  Oh, and did I mention that I was unemployed at the time?  Such great times.  You see, until September 2011 I worked for NDB.com in Jersey City, NJ.  Earlier that year we got bought out by Deutsche Bank then sold to Ameritrade.  What a world wind year.  Well as a part of that Ameritrade sale most of us got laid off.  I was a part of one of the last groups to get laid off on September 7, 2001 and it ended up being a life saving experience for me.  You see, to get to work I took the train into the World Trade Center and I got laid off just four days before 9/11.  Had that not happened I would have been right there.  It still blows my mind that I was so blessed and fortunate.

Between the nice severance package from Deutsche Bank and the unemployment pay from the state of NJ (which was actually $10 or $20 more than the NY unemployment) I was CAKED UP! (Caked Up Definition: To be rich with money, to have mad guap, flossin).  I bought this sweater in the midst of that spending spree and it is a nice sweater.  The sweater is a little itchy, but it looks good.  Plus it's one of ony five sweaters that I own.  Living in a city like Seattle I can make it through the entire winter on sweaters alone.

So, what do you think?

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mike..what a great story. I'm glad you're here, but perhaps the sweater should go. I'll even buy you a new one. LOL. But if you do decide to keep it, let me know when you wear it to wrok. I have a hot pink sweater and we could make it ugly sweater day.

    ReplyDelete