Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shirt #5 - Chaps Long Sleeve Plaid Shirt


Manufacturer: Ralph Lauren
Brand: Chaps Ralph Lauren
Shirt Name: Chaps Long Sleeve Plaid Shirt
Year Purchased: 2004-ish

Polo isn't always an option for all of us. Sometimes we have to go with the low budget Chaps brand. If I remember correctly I bought this shirt when I moved out to California (Bay Area STAND UP!). Yes, it's plaid, but soon enough you all will find out that I have lots of plaid. Hey, what can I say, I am a product of my environments. Growing up we didn't have lots of branded clothing in my house so as an adult I gravitate to the brands. And I did go to Babson College, a hotbed of plaid shirts, khaki pants, and Beemers.

So what's good about this shirt? Well, it's big, big enough for me to wear open with a dark colored t-shirt under. I tend to wear it buttoned up and it makes for a good casual Friday shirt. Of course since I have always worked for internet companies this would almost be considered a dress up shirt for me.

And the bad...well look at the sleeves. When I stretch my arms out the sleeve creeps up well below my wrist. Honestly, I think there is a conspiracy against big dudes wearing long sleeve shirts. So many of these shirts have extra wide bodies but the sleeves are short as hell. I wonder if my arms are longer than the average big dude out there. Am I the problem? I think not.

Editorial side note: Why did the Good Lord make resting one's hand on the waist so damn comfortable yet so feminine looking. And why don't I have a single friend that gave me a heads up on how the hand on the waist looks. I've been doing that for years. Well from here on out, no more. The hand on the waist has officially been laid to rest.

What should I do with this shirt?

Please use the voting buttons to tell me if I should Keep, Donate, Burn, or Frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment